Today we learned about Shadowlands Patch 9.1: Chains of Domination, Burning Crusade Classic, Forged in the Barrens Hearthstone Expansion, Rogues coming to Diablo IV, Diablo II: Resurrected, and more!
World of Warcraft
- Korthia – New section of the Maw with a new art kit, mounts, pets, and more.
- Sanctum of Domination – New raid with Eye of the Jailer, Tarragrue, Kel’Thuzad, and Sylvanas
- Tazavesh, the Veiled Market – New eight-boss Mythic mega-dungeon
- Torghast – New wing, floors, enemies, powers, and art
- Flying – Unlock flying by completing covenant activities and campaign chapters, earning your Covenant mount
- Covenant Cosmetic Armor Sets
- Shadowlands Season 2 – New Mythic+ Affix, Honor Talent refresh, PvP rewards, and more
- Release in 2021 with Beta soon
- Spell batching is removed
- Draenei and Blood Elves in pre-patch
- Current Classic Servers become Progression Servers
- Choose on a character by character basis to progress with the server or move the character to an Classic Era server.
- Paid option to make a copy of your character so you can keep it in Classic and move on to Burning Crusade.
- One paid Level 58 boost per account including a mount, dungeon blues, and limited to Classic races.
Diablo II, Diablo IV, and Diablo Immortal
- Rogues can use Swords/Daggers, and Bows/Crossbows
- Three Specializations – Shadow Realm, Combo Points, Exploit Weakness
- Rogues can imbue their attacks with different elements like poison or frost
- More classes will come in the future
- There are optional PvP areas called Fields of Hatred
- On PC & consoles with cross-play & cross-progression
- All cinematics modernized and recreated shot for shot
- The game will be playable in its original 2D form, like Starcraft Remastered.
- 8-Player multiplayer
- A large variety of ways to progress your character gives players things to do each time they log in
- The new Paragon system is less linear than in Diablo III, and allows for specialization which can be expanded upon over time
- Controller support is the most requested thing coming out of Technical Alpha
- The level cap of Technical Alpha was 45, but release is planned to be 60
- Forged in the Barrens Expansion
- Spells now have schools
- Ranked spells grow with you through the game, having different effects on below 5 mana, above 5 mana and at 10 mana
- New Keyword: Frenzy, first time your minion takes damage and survives, it triggers this effect
- Core set – 235 cards. Buffed, revived and revolutionized cards as well as new ones. Get the Core set by leveling all your classes to level 10
- Hearthstone Mercenaries – Tactical RPG and Roguelike type game mode. Single Player progression.
- New Maps – Rome and New York City
- Hero Missions – PvE Co-Op Missions
- Progression – Level up your heroes as you play Hero missions and fill out skill trees
- More Story
- Updated Hero appearances
Blizzard Arcade Collection
Blizzard announced the Blizzard Arcade Collection today, a collection of three older games.
- The Collection includes The Lost Vikings, Rock N Roll Racing, and Blackthorne.
- The Blizzard Arcade Collection is included as part of The Celebration Collection on PC.
- Consoles will also be able to play the collection.
- Players that didn’t purchase the Celebration Collection can purchase the Arcade Collection for $20.
- The games in the Blizzard Arcade Collection come in their Original Editions and also upgraded Definitive Editions, with each version featuring custom key mapping and the ability to rewind up to 10 seconds.
- The Original Editions of The Lost Vikings and Blackthorne also include “watch mode,” which lets players watch a playthrough of the game and jump in to take control at any point.
- The ability to save progress anywhere is also included in all versions of each game, with the exception of the Definitive Edition of Rock N Roll Racing.
- An array of bonus materials rounds out the Blizzard Arcade Collection, including game art, development assets, unused content, lore, interviews, and more
Blizzard Gear Store
Blizzard has put up some new BlizzConline merchandise on the Blizzard Gear Store, all with free shipping. When you purchase through our link it helps support the site. Some interesting items:
- Helm of Domination Replica – Full size replica helmet meant for display purposes
- You Are Not Prepared T-Shirt
- World of Warcraft: New Flavors of Azeroth: The Official Cookbook
- World of Warcraft: Folk & Fairy Tales of Azeroth