Burning Crusade Classic Prepatch Highlights
The Burning Crusade Classic prepatch is live today for NA servers, and so we thought we would highlight the most noteworthy things that come with it! The prepatch will launch tomorrow in the EU.
Note – The Classic era servers will not be getting these changes. You will only get this content if you transition your character to TBC Classic servers, or create a new character on the TBC Classic servers.
- Alliance players will be able to level Draenei characters, including the addition of Shaman.
- Horde players will be able to level Blood Elf characters, including the addition of Paladins.
- The Talent Trees will be changed and the additional talent rows will be added.
- The Jewelcrafting profession will be added.
- Experience gained from quests will be increased, along with a reduction in the experience needed to level to 60.
- Your first mount is now purchasable at level 30, and mount costs and training are noticeably lower.
- New questing hub in Dustwallow Marsh to smooth out the leveling experience a bit.
- PvP Honor currency will be implemented and is used to purchase PvP gear.
- Arena Skirmishes will be available, allowing you to practice arena before creating a team when ranked comes in TBC Classic.
All current Classic characters will be snapshotted from the moment the servers go down. Upon logging in, players will need to make a choice as to whether or not to keep each of their characters on Classic servers or progress them into The Burning Crusade. There is also an option to clone your characters between both versions of the game for $15 per character. For more information, check out our previous coverage of the choices available to you.
Burning Crusade Classic is free to anyone with a current WoW subscription. Players can also purchase the optional digital deluxe edition for more goodies, along with a one-time level 58 character boost to jump right through the Dark Portal on June 1st.