Changes Coming with the Weekly Reset / Maintenance
Here’s a reminder that tomorrow morning, we’re going to see some significant changes:
- Ny’alotha will open for Mythic difficulty and the first wing of Raid Finder difficulty.
- Mythic Keystone dungeons at +7 or higher, as well as PvP Rank 2 or higher, will now award end-of-run items that scale up to item level 465 (at Mythic +15 and Gladiator, respectively).
- Weekly chests for Mythic Keystone and PvP activities now contain Season 4 items, which are always Corrupted (if the item is eligible – trinkets cannot be Corrupted).
- Weekly chest rewards now scale up to item level 475, and do not Warforge/Titanforge.
Patch 8.3 Hotfixes – January 27, 2020
- Fixed a bug that prevented eligible players from receiving credit for It’s Not a Cult if a raid member died during the N’Zoth the Corruptor encounter on Normal or Heroic difficulties.
Creatures and NPCs
- Credit for rare creatures in the Vale of Eternal Twilight and Vision of the Twisting Sands is now shared.
- The Spirit Drinker creatures should no longer get stuck in an immune state.
Dungeons and Raids
- Ny’alotha, the Waking City
- Corrected an issue that prevented Protection Paladins’ Blessed Hammer (Talent) from dealing damage to Wrathion, Drest’agath, and Il’gynoth.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from looting Wrathion if he was defeated while transitioning.
- The amount of mana gained by Maut through Dark Offering has been increased on Normal difficulty.
- Mana gained by Maut through Devour Manifestation has been increased on Normal difficulty.
- N’Zoth the Corruptor
- Harvest Thoughts no longer counts player pets and guardians when dividing the damage and Sanity loss effect.
- Slightly expanded the distance at which melee characters can attack Exposed Synapses on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
- Fixed an issue where Split Personality and Dark Delusions removed players from stealth.
- Starting with this week’s resets, the first Lesser Vision daily quest of the week now gives 3000 Coalescing Visions (was 2000 Coalescing Visions).
Items and Rewards
- Corrupted Gladiator’s Spite’s on-use ability cooldown has been reduced to 60 seconds (was 90 seconds).
- Humming Black Dragonscale’s levitation effect no longer triggers if the player is affected by a Neural Silencer or Magical Intrusion Dampener.
- Writhing Segment of Drest’agath’s damage has been increased by 20%.
- Corrupted Items
- Echoing Void (Corrupted Effect) can now only trigger from abilities that are on the global cooldown.
- Echoing Void can now be removed by abilities that dispel Magic effects.
- Twisted Appendage’s (Corrupted Effect) health has been reduced to 1% of the player’s maximum health (was 20%).
- The ground spell effect indicating Eye of Corruption’s (Corrupted Effect) radius of effect is now easier to see on sloped terrain.
- Lingering Psychic Shell
- Now applies an absorb shield that prevents 80% of incoming damage, up to the amount of damage indicated on the item.
- While inside Ny’alotha, the Waking City instance, the wearer’s Corruption Resistance increases the total amount of damage absorbed by up to 50%.
- Developers’ note: Due to several issues with this trinket, we have changed its functionality to be more intuitive. The tooltip will be updated in a future patch to more accurately reflect the trinket’s functionality.
- Twisted Appendages (Corrupted Effect) can no longer be struck by area-of-effect attacks such as Mages’ Arcane Explosion.
- Killing Twisted Appendages no longer grant on-kill bonuses from Talents and abilities (e.g. Warriors’ Victory Rush).
- Fixed a bug which prevented Ineffable Truth (Corruption Effect) from triggering on some melee and ranged abilities.
- Heart of Azeroth
- Corrected an issue where Crucible of Flame (Essence) sometimes incorrectly healed Wrathion during his encounter in the Nyalotha, the Waking City raid.
Player versus Player
- Twilight Devastation (Corruption Effect) has a 12-second cooldown when engaged in combat with enemy players.
- Twilight Devastation now deals 50% reduced damage when engaged in combat with enemy players.
- Echoing Void (Corruption Effect) now deals 50% reduced damage when engaged in combat with enemy players.
- Players should be able to discover Cataclysm Engineering recipes again from crafting recipes on that list.
- Players are now able to perform the Nordrassil ritual during “Lunar Preservation” without breaking any rituals afterward.
- Quest credit for Elune’s Blessing should now be granted more consistently.