Ion on Raid Release Timing
Activision Blizzard Q3 2020 Investor Call
The Activision Blizzard earnings call is this afternoon. We’ve highlighted some of the written results below.
- Activision had 111 million MAUs in the second quarter, down from 125 million in Q2 and up from 102 million in Q1 2020.
- Blizzard had 30 million MAUs in the second quarter. This is down from 32 million Q1 2020 and Q4 2019.
- World of Warcraft MAUs were stable year-over-year.
- World of Warcraft franchise engagement is at its highest level for this stage ahead of an expansion in a decade, with Shadowlands presales well ahead of any prior expansion.
- Hours played in Hearthstone grew year-over-year in the third quarter, with the Battlegrounds mode seeing sustained strong engagement since its release last November.
- Overwatch continues to have a large and dedicated community, with 10 million MAUsD in the quarter, over four years since launch
- Diablo Immortal will soon enter external regional testing.
- The Shadowlands release date is the 16 year anniversary of the original World of Warcraft release!