Ivory Cloud Serpent Mount Guide
Patch 8.3 added a few new mounts to collect, but the Ivory Cloud Serpent is one of the more involved ones to find. For those who have yet to get the mount, the mogu assault will return tonight (or tomorrow in the EU) in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Here is what you need to know to prepare if you want to get the mount!
- First you must loot a Zan-Tien Lasso from any Zan-Tien mogu in the vale. This can be done at any time, even when the mogu assault is not happening. It is a rare drop so expect to kill quite a few mobs.
- Wait for the mogu assault to spawn in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. This is the only time that the Ivory Cloud Serpent NPC spawns in the Vale.
- The Ivory Cloud Serpent spawns at roughly the location on the map below, at 27,55. It actually spawns quite high in the sky so it is advised to camp just below the Great Worms from Beyond, a little under the highest point of the Shadow-Pan wall viewable to the west. It is also advised that you check the custom tab of the group finder to look for camping raids.
- The goal here is to use your Zan-Tien Lasso on the npc.
- This item is castable while mounted, but has a two second cast time that is interrupted by moving.
- Multiple people can lasso the npc, but it despawns seconds after the first person successfully lassos it so you need to be quick.
- You will likely have stacks of the Great Worm flight speed debuff, but if you are positioned correctly you shouldn’t have to chase it.
- It is advised to sit in the location and spam the following macro:
/tar Ivory Cloud Serpent
/use Zan-Tien Lasso
- The NPC is super fast, and does a full loop around the Vale before despawning. If by chance you don’t get it as it spawns, you could catch up to it by the Shadow-Pan wall to the west and lasso it as it flies over the wall.
- The npc seems to have a varied spawn timer, but most have noticed it being between 2-3 hours.
Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes – February 6th, 2020
War on Lordaeron – Warcraft Fan Film
Youtuber Chris Vernel posted a fan film of the Horde’s march North to Lordaeron after the fall of Stormwind! Check it out!