Patch 9.0.5 Valor Points System
Patch 9.0.5 brings back Valor, a currency used to increase the power of items from Mythic dungeons.
At the start of the patch, players can earn up to 5000 Valor. This cap will increase by 750 Valor each week, so in Week 2 the cap will be 5750, in Week 3 the cap will 6500, etc.
Valor can be earned by completing Covenant Callings and Mythic Dungeons.
- Rare Covenant Callings reward 35 Valor
- Epic Covenant Callings reward 50 Valor
- Mythic+ Dungeons reward 135 Valor
Mythic+ Dungeon Gear Ranks
Starting in Patch 9.0.5, new gear from Mythic+ Dungeons will receive a rank from 1 to 12 based on the item level. Upgrading an item with Valor will only increase it by one rank.
|Gear Ranks||Item Level|
Gear Upgrade Achievement Requirements
To unlock all upgrade ranks shown above, players must get the Shadowlands Keystone achievements by completing all Mythic+ Dungeons within the time limit.
- Items can be initially upgraded to Item Level 200 (Rank 6)
- Upgrading items to Item Level 207 (Rank 8) requires the achievement Shadowlands Keystone Explorer: Season One
- Upgrading items to Item Level 213 (Rank 10) requires the achievement Shadowlands Keystone Conqueror: Season One
- Upgrading items to Item Level 220 (Rank 12) requires the achievement Shadowlands Keystone Master: Season One
Valor Costs to Updrade Mythic+ Gear
Valor costs are different based on the type of gear that you want to upgrade. That being said, each rank upgrade costs the same, there is no difference in upgrading an item from Rank 6 to Rank 7 or from Rank 11 to Rank 12.
- Neck, Cloak, Bracers, Rings, Shield and Offhand – Cost 250 Valor to upgrade
- Shoulders, Gloves, Belt, Boots and Trinkets – Cost 400 Valor to upgrade
- Helm, Chest, Legs – Cost 475 Valor to upgrade
- One-Hand Agility and Strength Weapons – Cost 500 Valor to upgrade
- One-Hand Intellect Weapons – Cost 750 Valor to upgrade
- Two-Hand Weapons – Cost 1000 Valor to upgrade