Thank you for your patience and apologies for the wait with regards to an update on the tier set bonuses coming in 9.2. We’ve been watching the discussions happening on and off the forums surrounding the Warlock bonuses and appreciate all the feedback provided.
We’ve made some changes to the tier set bonuses that should help each mesh better with their respective specialization’s toolkit. Without further ado, here are the changes you should see in the next PTR build:
- Malefic Rapture’s damage is increased by 15% and each cast extends the duration of Corruption, Agony, and Unstable Affliction by 2 sec.
- While Agony, Corruption, and Unstable Affliction are active, your Shadow Bolt has a 20% chance to make your next Malefic Rapture cost no Soul Shards and cast instantly.
- When Malefic Rapture extends Absolute Corruption, it instead causes the target to take damage equivalent to a tick of Corruption.
- Drain Soul’s chance to proc a free Malefic Rapture was increased from 4% to 10%.
- Call Dreadstalkers has a 100% chance to summon an additional Dreadstalker.
- Your Hand of Gul’dan has a 15% chance per Soul Shard to summon a Malicious Imp. When slain, Malicious Imp will either deal Fire damage to all nearby enemies of your Implosion or deal it to your current target.
- No changes.
- Malicious Imps no longer grant a Demonic Core.
- Malicious Imps no longer grant a Soul Shard when slain.
Note: Malicious Imps granting Soul Shards created a huge reliance on addons to maximize their potential. Rather than having value potentially lost, the throughput of this set bonus has been moved to the Malicious Imp’s damage and uptime.
- Malicious Imp’s on-death damage has been increased by 388%.
- Malicious Imp chance increased from 5% per Soul Shard to 15% per Soul Shard spent.
- Every 10 Soul Shards spent makes your next Chaos Bolt or Rain of Fire free to cast.
- When Rain of Fire or Chaos Bolt is freely cast, you summon a Blasphemy for 8 sec.
- This bonus has been changed (see above).
- No longer summons a generic Infernal, but now summons a Blasphemy.
- A Blasphemy behaves as a normal, Rain of Chaos Infernal would (this won’t change tuning or numbers).
- If a Blasphemy is already active and would be summoned again, its duration is extended instead and does impact damage at its current location.
Note: We’re extending the duration rather than summoning additional Blasphemies to make sure this bonus remains reasonable in terms of performance and readability. The impact damage on extension is to ensure extending isn’t a value loss.
- Blasphemy grants Rain of Chaos, if talented, for its duration.
Several bug fixes have been made as well and those will appear in the next PTR build. We appreciate all the reports as they’ve been immensely helpful in tracking down and fixing issues with the tier set bonuses. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in Zereth Mortis!