PCGamer recently posted a small interview with Ion Hazzikostas about Shadowlands. It didn’t reveal much new information, but the most noteworthy aspect was Ion mentioning that more can be done to make dungeons and raids feel satisfying even when not getting a specific piece of loot that run. Click the banner to read the whole article, and here are some highlights:
- The article mentions more content later this spring, but it seems to be speculative and not certain as it isn’t a quote from Ion.
- Ion says Blizzard has some big plans for the story of this expansion and is already working on addressing some big points of player feedback.
- Ion says Blizzard is thrilled to tell epic stories that interconnect the different powers of the Shadowlands, heroes and villains of Azeroth, and the inner workings of Death itself.
- The team is listening closely to the community as they look to shape future updates.
- When it comes to PvP itemization specifically, they’re really happy with how that’s playing out.
- Ion thinks they can do more to make the experience of running dungeons and raids feel more satisfying when you don’t get a specific item you were hoping for.
- Balance remains an ongoing focus, both through “hotfix” adjustments to the live game and through more involved changes to player abilities, and especially new Shadowlands systems like legendary items and covenants, which will come in patches.
New Battle.net Launcher Live Soon
Blizzard recently revealed that the new Blizzard launcher that has been in beta for quite some time will be going live soon. Click here to see their official post. This new version includes:
- Improved navigation and layout—you can now favorite your games and arrange them for ease of access
- A much more expansive layout for news and game content in full-page view
- A revamped social pane so you can better see your friends and what they’re up to on each game tab
- Major accessibility improvements—they’ve added the ability to navigate most of the app with your keyboard, increased our screen reader support, and improved the color contrast
- A new, consolidated notifications hub for messages and download status
Dark Legacy Comics #756
DLC #756 has been released!