Shadowlands Beta – Priest Class Changes
As some of you know, we’ve made adjustments to Shadow Priests lately to balance their damage, as heavy iteration on the specialization led to some things getting out of alignment. In this week’s new Beta build, we’ve made more adjustments.
At the same time, we saw that some of the Insanity reductions from last week hurt the flow of the rotation, so we’ve reverted some of those. We also want to make sure that Mind Blast feels important to use over Mind Flay.
This week’s changes include:
- Dark Thought duration increased to 10 seconds (was 6 seconds).
- Developers’ notes: We’ve also decreased Dark Thought’s max stacks to 1, as 5 felt excessive. We are open to feedback about how this feels, as always.
- Mind Blast generates 8 Insanity (was 7).
- Mind Flay damage reduced by 15%.
- Developers’ notes: Shadow was proving too powerful in single target situations. This helps address that while still allowing Mind Blast to feel impactful.
- Mind Sear damage reduced by 15%.
- Devouring Plague initial hit reduced by 15%, and periodic damage reduced by ~12%.
- Auspicious Spirits generates 2 Insanity (was 1). Damage reduced to 15% (was 30%).
- Developers’ notes: This to differentiate it more from Psychic Link. Auspicious Spirits should be about getting more Devouring Plagues, while Psychic Link is better at spread damage.
- Searing Nightmare once again costs 30 Insanity (was 35).
- Developers’ notes: There is some gameplay value in getting 3 Searing Nightmares in a row when pooling Insanity, so we decided to revert this change.
Thank you for all of your testing and feedback.