Shadowlands Development Update Notes – April 16
With today’s Alpha update we are now additionally testing:
- Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- Initial Character Creation/Customization Updates
Welcome to the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands test environment. Please read on for an outline of what’s currently being tested, what has recently changed, and what’s coming for testing later in the Alpha.
Read the first developer update here.
Current Content Testing
- Torghast, Tower of the Damned is now available for limited testing. Read more about it in our Torghast preview blog post, and please submit your feedback on Torghast in the dedicated feedback thread here.
- The world and leveling content being tested is: Bastion. Check out our preview of the Kyrian Covenant.
- Please use the in-game bug report tool for bugs, and post your feedback on this zone in the Shadowlands Alpha Leveling, Questing, and World forum.
- Please post Kyrian Covenant feedback in this dedicated thread in the Shadowlands Classes and Covenants forum.
- The level cap is currently: 53. You cannot level a test character higher than this at this time.
- The dungeon being tested is: The Necrotic Wake. Please use the in-game bug report tool for bugs, and post your feedback on this dungeon in the Shadowlands Alpha Dungeons and Raids forum.
- The new starting experience is now available to level 1 Alliance characters. Read more about it here, and please post feedback on the new starting experience here.
- The initial character customization updates are now available for testing. More updates to this system will come in a future Alpha patch.
- All classes are undergoing major updates. Please read the class summary blog post, and place your focused feedback in one of the dedicated threads in the Shadowlands Alpha Classes and Covenants forum.
Work in Progress
We’re currently working through the following issues and limitations:
- Allied Races are not available for character creation.
- The new starting experience can only be tested by level 1 Alliance characters.
We’re unlocking much more content for testing over the next few weeks:
- Revendreth (Zone and Covenant)
- Halls of Atonement (Dungeon)
- Oribos (Capital)
Coming in Later Updates
- Ardenweald (Zone and Covenant)
- Maldraxxus (Zone and Covenant)
- Mists of Tirna Scithe (Dungeon)
- Plaguefall (Dungeon)
- More Character Creation/Customization Updates
Please note that the above is not a comprehensive list of features to be tested in the entirety of the Shadowlands Alpha.
Thank you very much!