Shadowlands Expansion Live Today!
Shadowlands goes live globally today, releasing at the same time for everyone!
- The level cap has been raised to 60!
- Official Patch Notes – Check out the official patch notes for the expansion.
- Patch 9.0.1 Recap – The prepatch introduced a lot of new things to go with the expansion.
- Class Guides – Learn more about your class abilities going into the expansion.
- The Shadowlands Zones – Learn about the new leveling zones this expansion.
- Covenants – Learn more about the new covenants feature.
- Torghast – Learn about the new rogue-inspired Torghast repeatable dungeon!
- Legendaries – Learn more about crafting and acquiring your legendaries in Shadowlands.
- Shadowlands Dungeons – Preview our dungeon guides for Shadowlands!
- PvP Vendor – Learn about the return of PvP vendors in Shadowlands.
- World Boss Guides – Learn about the new world bosses in Shadowlands.
- Reputation Guides – Learn how to reach exalted as quickly as possible with all of the new reputations in Shadowlands!
- World Quests and Callings – There have been a few changes for World Quests in Shadowlands.
- Professions – Check out the new additions coming to professions in Shadowlands.
- Mounts – Shadowlands adds a bunch of new mounts to obtain.
What is Not Coming This Week?
Blizzard has broken down the release of certain content post expansion launch!
- The Castle Nathria Raid
- Normal and Heroic difficulties – December 8th
- Mythic Castle Nathria, Raid Finder Wing 1 – December 15th
- Raid Finder Wing 2 – January 5th
- Raid Finder Wing 3 – January 19th
- Raid Finder Wing 4 – February 2nd
- Mythic Plus Season 1 – December 8th
- Shadowlands PvP Season 1 – December 8th
- Layers 4 to 6 – December 8th
- Layers 7 to 8 – December 15th
DesMephisto shared his leveling guide for Shadowlands, which allowed him to reach 60 very quickly! Be sure to check out all of the tabs for helpful addons and tips.
- Blood Death Knight Shadowlands Guide
- Frost Death Knight Shadowlands Guide
- Unholy Death Knight Shadowlands Guide
- Balance Druid Shadowlands Guide
- Feral Druid Shadowlands Guide
- Guardian Druid Shadowlands Guide
- Restoration Druid Shadowlands Guide
- Brewmaster Monk Shadowlands Guide
- Mistweaver Monk Shadowlands Guide
- Windwalker Monk Shadowlands Guide
- Holy Paladin Shadowlands Guide
- Protection Paladin Shadowlands Guide
- Retribution Paladin Shadowlands Guide
- Assassination Rogue Shadowlands Guide
- Outlaw Rogue Shadowlands Guide
- Subtlety Rogue Shadowlands Guide
- Elemental Shaman Shadowlands Guide
- Enhancement Shaman Shadowlands Guide
- Restoration Shaman Shadowlands Guide
- Affliction Warlock Shadowlands Guide
- Demonology Warlock Shadowlands Guide
- Destruction Warlock Shadowlands Guide
One of the main new features added in Shadowlands is Torghast, Tower of the Damned. This repeatable dungeon is inspired by roguelikes and is where you will go to collect resources to craft your new legendaries! Check it out!
World Quest Changes
World quests are still very similar to how they have been in the past. The only thing that has changed is that there are only a few up per zone at at a time. Furthermore, they sometimes are a little more involved than what you would expect because of how few there are.
- World quests reward 125 reputation with the faction of the zone they are in.
- World quest rewards include”
- Extra reputation
Callings replace emissaries and function similarly to them in that three are available at a time and they last 3 days.
- Callings are available in your Covenant Sanctum. They appear as daily quests from NPCs and can be seen in your quest log and Covenant menu once you pick them up.
- You can preview the available Callings and rewards from your Sanctum Report window from anywhere in-game.
- Callings don’t always ask you to do the same things. You could be asked to do world quests in specific zones, collect anima, collect items from Torghast, or several other options.
- Callings reward caches with chances at gear, anima, and more.
Shadowlands World Bosses
Shadowlands has 4 new world bosses that cycle much like in BfA and Legion. One boss will be active per week and they all drop item level 207 gear as well as many different conduits and legendary recipes. They will likely go active on December 8th when Castle Nathria launches.