Two new Graphics Settings have been added: Target FPS and Spell Density. LemonKing also pointed out some interesting new console strings.
Raytracing support could improve lighting in the game, while variable rate shading can improve performance by having the GPU render some less important areas on the screen at a lower quality, while still maintaining a higher quality image for areas that matter.
- Framerate you ideally want to play at. If your framerate is below this number, dynamic systems will reduce graphics quality to attempt to hit this framerate.
- Essential: Only show essential spells. Your own spells are always shown.
- Some: Reduce non-essential spells shown by around 75%.
- Half: Reduce non-essential spells shown by around 50%.
- Most: Reduce non-essential spells shown by around 75%.
- Dynamic: Reduce non-essential spells shown based on framerate. If you are above your desired framerate, everything will be shown.
- Everything: Always show all spells.
Raytracing and Variable Rate Shading
- RTTier – Maximum RT tier to use
- RAIDshadowRt – Raid Raytraced shadows (0-2)
- shadowRt – Raytraced shadows (0-2)
- Ray Tracing Support – DXR 1.0 / DXR 1.1
- vrsWorldGeo – Render scale like effect for terrain, buildings and liquids
- vrsParticles – Render scale like effect for particles. Only used if lots of particles are on screen
- Variable Rate Shading not supported on this hardware
Game Pad Settings
- GamePad disabled.
- GamePad %i enabled.
- Loading default GamePad bindings.
- GamePad %u is connected.
- GamePad %u is disconnected.
- GamePad not enabled.
- GamePadMoveStick, GamePadCameraStick, GamePadCursorStick
- GamePadId – Id of game pad to use (1-4, 0 to disable)
- GamePadCursorSpeed – Speed of GamePad cursor movement
- GamePadCursorAutoEnable – Auto enable GamePad cursor control when opening UIs that may need it
- GamePadFaceMovement – Sets if character should face direction of GamePad movement
- GamePadTankTurnSpeed – If non-zero, character turns like a tank from GamePad movement
- GamePadCameraYawSpeed – Yaw speed of GamePad camera turning left/right
- GamePadCameraPitchSpeed – Pitch speed of GameUp camera moving up/down
- GamePadActionPosHeight – 0-1 vertical position of destination targeting position
- GamePad stick to use for movement [0|None|1|Left|2|Right]
- GamePad stick to use for camera control [0|None|1|Left|2|Right]
- GamePad stick to use for mouse cursor control [0|None|1|Left|2|Right]
- GamePadCursorLeftClick, GamePadCursorRightClick – GamePad button that should emulate mouse Left/Right Click while controlling the mouse cursor
- GamePadEmulateAlt, GamePadEmulateCtrl, GamePadEmulateShift, GamePadEmulateEsc – GamePad button that should emulate the Alt/Ctrl/Shift/Esc key
Shadowlands Quest UI Changes
After 16 years of World of Warcraft, the ! and ? quest symbols are getting a visual update.
Campaign quests are also getting a nice quality of life update as they will be highlighted by a shield in both the Objectives Window and Quest Log. Blizzard shared that this change should help players distinguish major quests that are required to advance the narrative from optional side quests that tell more localized stories.
Shadowlands Map Pins and Quest Waypoints
On top of the quest interface updates in Shadowlands, Blizzard is also adding Map Pins and Quest Waypoints. This feature allows players to share a map location with others via chat.
Note that this feature will not replace TomTom, since the addon will still be used to set waypoints to the exact coordinates of rares, npcs, treasures and more.
Shadowlands Unread Mail Indicator
The character login screen now displays an indicator when characters have unread mail. This includes mail from another character, Auction House, unlooted items or lost currency.