The Burning Crusade Classic Beta Has Begun!
Players selected to participate in the beta test will receive an email invitation directing them to download the beta client directly from the Battle.net desktop app. As always, please be aware of phishing attempts—if you’re unsure whether your invitation is legitimate, please log in to your Battle.net account to verify that there is a Burning Crusade Classic beta license attached (under Your Game Accounts).
If you’ve been selected to participate in the beta test, your Battle.net account will already be flagged for access.
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
- Run the Battle.net desktop app—it may need to update itself if you haven’t run it recently. If you don’t have the app installed, get started here.
- Once Battle.net is installed and updated, select World of Warcraft from the list of games.
- In the Game Version drop-down menu above the Play button, choose the Burning Crusade (listed under In Development), then click Install.
- Allow installation to complete, click Play and select any of the available Test Servers.
- Create a new test character or copy over a character from your live WoW Classic account using the Copy Character button.
- Enter the game and test the content.
If you have issues installing and operating the Burning Crusade beta, please check our Common Technical Issues and Solutions to begin troubleshooting.
We’d love to hear about your experiences in Burning Crusade Classic, so once you’ve had a chance to play, please send us your feedback on the Burning Crusade Classic beta forums.
Testing Availability – March 23
- PvP content is not available for testing at this time.
- The use of third-party addons is disabled.
We will update this thread as we change the configuration of the test environment.