For over fourteen years, we’ve sought to explore new ways to push the limits of competitive World of Warcraft. With The Great Push, our first one-off tournament of the year, we are bringing a new style of competitive dungeon running distinct from the foundations set by the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI). Instead of teams fighting to beat their opponent’s time, The Great Push is focused on teams pushing keys as high as they can, striving to out survive their competitors and be crowned the champion!
How The Great Push Works
- The Great Push stands separate from the MDI. Any team of five players can register for their shot at the $20,000 (USD) prize pool!
- Teams will compete in the initial qualifier phase, the Proving Grounds, on May 22-23, where teams will be given two dungeon keystone combinations to push to the highest difficulty they can reach on the tournament realm.
- The top six teams from the qualifier will be invited to the main tournament, where they will compete across the different Shadowlands Dungeons to push their keystones as high as possible.
- The winning team will be the one who has the highest overall score for dungeons pushed and will be crowned the champion.
- There are no pre-requisites required to play in the tournament, teams can sign up for The Great Push through May 17!
The tournament will be broadcast live on YouTube and Twitch, and players will also be able to stream their perspectives during the tournament, including their time in the Proving Grounds. You can choose to follow your favorite team and players, while keeping up with the casters for the overall standings throughout the weekend.
Meanwhile, be sure to tune in to the MDI Global Finals where teams will battle for $300,000 USD on April 23-25, only on YouTube. With Season 1 featuring some of the hardest-fought dungeon runs imaginable, including the closest dungeon finish in MDI history, 2021 is gearing up to be the Mythic Dungeon International’s best year ever. Subscribe to the Warcraft YouTube and don’t forget to follow the WoW Esports Twitter, for the chilliest chills and dankest memes in all of Azeroth. We’ll see you in the Dungeon Finder!