Patch 8.3 – Visions of N’Zoth goes live on January 14th in US (January 15 in EU), with Ny’alotha opening the following week on January 21. In this post we’ll highlight a few things you should do before Patch 8.3 hits live servers.
Table of Contents
- Vulpera and Mechagnomes Allied Races
- Goblins and Worgen Heritage Armor Sets
- Paragon Reputations
- What To Stock Up
- Titan Residuum
- Time Limited Achievements
- Other Achievements
Vulpera and Mechagnomes Allied Races
Patch 8.3 is bringing two new Allied Races: Vulpera are joining the Horde and Mechagnomes are joining the Alliance. If you complete the unlock requirements right now, you will be able to recruit these new races as soon as Patch 8.3 is live! Click the banners below to see detailed overviews of each race and the quest chains to unlock them after meeting the requirements.
Vulpera Allied Race Unlock Requirements:
- The Voldunai – Earn exalted status with the Voldunai
- Secrets in the Sands – Complete the Vol’dun storyline
Mechagnomes Allied Race Unlock Requirements:
- Rustbolt Rebellion – Earn exalted status with the Rustbolt Resistance
- The Mechagonian Threat – Complete the Mechagon storyline
Goblins and Worgen Heritage Armor Sets
Patch 8.3 is bringing two new Heritage Armor Sets: Heritage of Kezan for Goblins and Heritage of Gilneas for Worgen. If you complete the unlock requirements right now, you will be able to start a questline to unlock these new heritage armor sets as soon as Patch 8.3 is live! Click the banners below for an in depth look at the heritage armor sets and the quest chains to unlock them.
Heritage of Kezan Unlock Requirements:
- Level a Goblin character to 120
- Reach exalted reputation with Bilgewater Cartel
Heritage of Gilneas Unlock Requirements:
- Level a Worgen character to 120
- Reach exalted reputation with Gilneas
Patch 8.3 will once again let you collect Azerite Power to level your Heart of Azeroth past level 70 to a soft cap of 80. If you want to get a head start then save all paragon reputations up to 19,999/10,000. After the patch goes live, speak with all emissaries to hand in all the quests. After that, complete one world quest for each faction and then hand in all the quests again.
Don’t forget that the Artifact Power is awarded upon quest completion at the emissaries and not from the Paragon Supplies. You can use an addon or a weak aura to track your progress when you have more than 10,000/10,000 paragon reputation.
Getting as much Artifact Power as you can in 8.3 is important since you unlock additional Perseverance traits at level 71 and 80, as well as a new minor Azerite Essence slot at level 75. Click the banner below for more information about the Heart of Azeroth updates and how to unlock the new essences available in Visions of N’Zoth.
What To Stock Up
- Mysterious Treasure Map – Get ready for Patch 8.3 by stocking up on an extra Mysterious Treasure Map from this week’s Island Expeditions. Use the map after the patch goes live for a chance to get a mission that rewards Artifact Power or Titan Residuum. After that, complete your weekly Island Expeditions as usual for an extra Mysterious Treasure Map.
- Service Medals – Sandy Nightsaber is a new saber mount added in Patch 8.3 which you can buy for 350 service medals from the warfront quartermasters. To purchase it, you must first complete the Battle for Darkshore on Heroic difficulty (Heroic: War for the Shore / Heroic: War for the Shore).
- Seafarer’s Dubloons – In the upcoming patch, players can buy Salvage Crates from a new dubloon vendor in Zuldazar and Boralus. These Salvage Crates contain Island Expeditions Rewards such as mounts, pets, toys and transmogs that drop from specific island denizens, invaders and creatures.
- Prismatic Manapearls – If you need Nazjatar reputation on your alts then save Prismatic Manapearls. In the new patch you’ll be able to purchase account bound tokens that grant 250 reputation with The Unshackled and Waveblade Ankoan. You can get these tokens from the factions’ quartermasters, Atolia Seapearl and Speaker Utia.
- Consumables and Trade Goods – Flasks, potions, enchants, gems and other trade goods are always in demand around patch day and raid release. This is the perfect time to make quite a bit of gold, so make sure to save as many materials as you can!
- Polished Pet Charms – Two new pets (Pygmy Camel and Windfeather Quill) will be available for purchase for 300 Polished Pet Charms from the quartermasters of Uldum Accord and Rajani, the new factions in Visions of N’Zoth. Save 600 or more pet charms to buy these pets for yourself or sell them on the Auction House at the start of the patch for a lot of gold!
- Battle-Scarred Augment Rune – Stock Augment Runes, but make sure to sell them in the first few weeks! After players reach exalted with Rajani, the demand will slowly drop as most mythic raiders will prefer to purchase the Lightning-Forged Augment Rune for 50k gold.
If you have any Titan Residuum then make sure to spend it! Your stockpile is going to be reset when the patch goes live, so buy any azerite piece that is an upgrade for you. If you still have Titan Residuum when the patch hits, it will be converted to gold at the rate of 1 silver per residuum.
Time Limited Achievements
After the release of Patch 8.3 Visions of N’Zoth, a number of time limited achievements from Mythic+ Season 3 and PvP Season 3 will become unobtainable. The Eternal Palace raid achievements will become unobtainable after the release of Ny’alotha on January 21 in US (January 22 in EU).
Try to get at least Ahead of the Curve: Queen Azshara and Battle for Azeroth Keystone Conqueror: Season Three before the new content release! While these achievements are not a requirement for most pugs, having them might help you get accepted into Ny’alotha raid groups and mythic+ keys in Visions of N’Zoth!
Mythic+ Season 3 Achievements
- Battle for Azeroth Keystone Conqueror: Season Three – Complete all Battle for Azeroth Season Three dungeons at Mythic Level 10 or higher, within the time limit.
- Battle for Azeroth Keystone Master: Season Three – Complete all Battle for Azeroth Season Three dungeons at Mythic Level 15 or higher, within the time limit.
PvP Season 3 Achievements
- Combatant: Battle for Azeroth Season 3 – Reach 1400 rating during Battle for Azeroth Season 3.
- Challenger: Battle for Azeroth Season 3 – Reach 1600 rating during Battle for Azeroth Season 3.
- Rival: Battle for Azeroth Season 3 – Reach 1800 rating during Battle for Azeroth Season 3.
- Duelist: Battle for Azeroth Season 3 – Reach 2100 rating during Battle for Azeroth Season 3.
- Elite: Battle for Azeroth Season 3 – Reach 2400 rating during Battle for Azeroth Season 3.
- Gladiator: Battle for Azeroth Season 3 – Win 50 3v3 games while at Elite rank during Battle for Azeroth Season 3.
- Notorious Gladiator’s Proto-Drake – Obtain the Notorious Gladiator’s Proto-Drake from Battle for Azeroth Season 3.
- Notorious Gladiator: Battle for Azeroth Season 3 – End Battle for Azeroth PvP Season 3 in the top 0.1% of the 3v3 arena ladder.
- Hero of the Horde: Notorious / Hero of the Alliance: Notorious – End Battle for Azeroth Season 3 in the top 0.5% of the rated battleground ladder.
The Eternal Palace Achievements
- Ahead of the Curve: Queen Azshara – Defeat Queen Azshara in The Eternal Palace on Heroic difficulty or higher, before the release of the next raid tier.
- Cutting Edge: Queen Azshara – Defeat Queen Azshara in The Eternal Palace on Mythic difficulty, before the release of the next raid tier.
In Patch 8.3 Visions of N’Zoth, Deepwind Gorge has been redesigned to a capture-point map and most of the achievements have been moved to Legacy achievements, including Master of Deepwind Gorge, which rewards the Gorgeous title.
After the patch hits you won’t be able to earn most of those achievements, however, you will still be able to earn the Gorgeous title as a new Master of Deepwind Gorge meta achievement will be added to the game.
Other achievements that you should consider doing before the upcoming content update are Glory of the Eternal Raider and Glory of the Wartorn Hero. Since most raiders will be progressing Ny’alotha and pushing mythic+ keys in the new patch, it might be harder to find achievement groups.