World of Warcraft Dragonflight Dragon Riding, Dracthyr Race, and Evoker Class
New Race – Dracthyr
- Dracthyr are a humanoid dragon race created by Neltharion.
- The only class available to this race is the new Evoker class.
- You can choose to be on Alliance of Horde.
- You have a lot of customization for both your Draconic form and humanoid form.
- Customizations include scales, colors, and even multi-colored hair.
- Dracthyr will be able to use Dragonriding, as they have wings and will fly.
- The Dracthyr starting experience will introduce you to the Dragonriding mechanics.
New Class – Evoker
- Evoker is the new class available to only the Dracthyr race
- Ability to wield the magic of all five dragon flights
- Prismatic effect visuals show all dragonflight’s magics until condensing into one.
- Wears mail armor.
- Devastation is the ranged magical DPS spec. It focuses on Red and Blue magic.
- Red magic is fast and explosive. (AOE)
- Blue is more focused and overwhelming. (Single Target)
- Preservation is the healing spec and focuses on Green and Bronze magic.
- Green magic is typical heals.
- Bronze magic speeds or winds up heals.
- Empowered spells are a main part of the class, letting you hold down the button to channel before unleashing it to power up the ability.
- The longer you channel, the more powerful the spell will be.
- Certain abilities will let you fly around the battlefield while you cast.
New Way of Flying – Dragonriding
- Dragonriding is a new flight system being added in Dragonflight.
- This will be very unique compared to regular flying mounts.
- You will level up this skill over time to get new animations and abilities.
- The aim here is to shake up movement in WoW with things such as barrel rolls and speed bursts.
- The system utilizes momentum, physics, and gravity.
- Screen effects will indicate reaching certain speeds.
- Players will unlock different cosmetic customizations for their dragon mount including different snouts, tails, wings, armor, spikes, and horns.
- There are millions of combinations of drakes to choose from.
- Continue to improve your Dragonriding skill at max level by hunting down ancient glyphs and advancing your new Dragonriding skill tree.
- The denizens of the Dragon Isles will knock out inexperienced Dragonriders right out of the sky.
- Players will use the space bar to take off and then use your height and speed to get as far as possible before landing.
- Movement speed is much faster than existing flying mount speeds.
- New zones were built larger to accommodate this new feature, as recent zones have been a little more cramped.
- Players will be able to go through cloud layers, going faster and faster until they are creating contrails.
- Dragonriding is limited to the Dragon Isles, as these are the zones that are built for it.