The much anticipated release of World of Warcraft Classic is almost here! Realm populations are High almost across the board and a new French realm was just opened.
Addons work mostly the same as they do today in Classic. LFG addons will be restricted.
Classic PvE Content Plan
Classic PvP Content Plan
Layers are used to make the population in a zone more reasonable at launch, creating multiple versions of the same zone on the same realm.
- They are not cross-realm
- Layers are only used so that an entire realm population isn’t competing in one area at a time
- The only way to shift into a different layer is through party invites from others on your server who are in a different layer
- The layering tech tries to sticky you to a layer so that you see familiar names often.
- Layering only exists to control population at launch and will not continue once numbers are stable
- Blizzard is committed only having one layer per realm before the 2nd content phase goes live (due to world bosses)