WoW Patch 9.0.1 Hotfixes – October 15, 2020
- Death Knight
- Unholy Blight (Talent) now applies Virulent Plague at max melee range.
- The Legion Class Hall Dreamwalk teleport is now available to players starting at level 10 (was level 12) after completing the quest “To The Dreamgrove”.
- Vision of Perfection (Azerite Essence) should now properly extend the duration of both Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse if it activates while Celestial Alignment is already active.
- The absorb from First Avenger (Talent) no longer double dips into Versatility.
- Lightning Shield no longer gains stacks of Maelstrom Weapon before level 29.
Creatures and NPCs
- Various Druid NPCs have remembered how to shapeshift.
Dungeons and Raids
- Players leveling through Battle for Azeroth can now queue for Freehold and Atal’Dazar in the Dungeon Finder at lower levels.
- Alliance players will unlock Freehold at level 10 and Atal’Dazar at level 16.
- Horde players will unlock Atal’Dazar at level 10 and Freehold at level 16.
- Temple of the Jade Serpent
- Sha of Doubt
- Touch of Nothingness now deals appropriate damage on Normal difficulty.
- Sha of Doubt
Items and Rewards
- The Flash of Brilliance 4-piece Heirloom set bonus will no longer hit enemies that you are not engaged in combat with, except for players of the opposite faction when War Mode is enabled. They probably deserved it.
- Players who reach level 50 will once again receive the quest, “A Dying World”, and will be directed to Magni Bronzebeard in Silithus to obtain their Heart of Azeroth. There is no escaping from his storytelling!
- Players can again escape from the Frozen Throne through Bwonsomdi’s Death Gate during the quest “Jailer of the Damned”.
- Fixed an issue where lower level Priests were unable to complete the Priest Class Hall Campaign quest “Murloc Mind Control”.
- Resolved an issue where “Stay of Execution” was unavailable for some players.
- Cork Fizzlepop’s location will now display if he despawns while on the Horde quest “Finding Your Way”.
Naxxramas Raid Testing – October 16
NA – 2:00 p.m. PDT (5:00 p.m. EDT) to 6:00 p.m. PDT (9:00 p.m. EDT)
EU – 23:00 CEST to 03:00 CEST
- Grand Widow Faerlina
This testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a test environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.
Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
A: To facilitate and expedite testing, there is an NPC named Johnny McWeaksauce that has taken up temporary residence at Light’s Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands. He will provide players with Naxxramas attunement and instant teleportation into the Naxxramas raid. Johnny’s brother Jimmy, can be found within the raid and will provide access to consumables and reagents.
Q: Can I test with less than a full, content-ready raid group?
A: There will be a zone aura present within the raid that will provide players with a significant health and damage boost to help them overcome the challenges of Naxxramas. The intent of these raid tests is not to provide a challenge that perfectly matches what we expect players to experience when the raid goes live. The intent is to exercise boss mechanics and give us additional confidence that the raid encounters are behaving as expected. The hope is that even if you cannot muster a full 40-person raid to test with, or wish to form a pick-up-group on the PTR, you can still participate and make considerable progress within the dungeon if you so desire.
Please use the in-game bug reporter to send us any bug reports or issues that you encounter while playtesting on the PTR. We appreciate you taking the time to test this content, and we look forward to your feedback.