Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Development Notes
The team has been working hard to get Northrend ready for you to jump in and begin your adventures, and we’re excited to have you join us! Over the coming weeks we will post notes and updates in this forum with each new update to the Beta.
Beta Test Release Build 44301 – June 22, 2022
Level Cap: 76
- Questing/Level-up Experience
- Northrend Zones
- New Spells, Talents, and Abilities
- Death Knight Starting Experience
- New Systems and Features:
- Revamped Group Finder
- Quest phasing
- Glyphs and Inscription
Note: To facilitate Glyph testing, a Glyph Vendor has been placed in Dalaran, near the Inscription building.
The Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Has Begun!
Players selected to participate in the beta test will receive an email invitation directing them to download the beta client directly from the Battle.net desktop app. As always, please be aware of phishing attempts—if you’re unsure whether your invitation is legitimate, please log in to your Battle.net account to verify that there is a Wrath of the Lich King Classic beta license attached (under Your Game Accounts).
If you haven’t received an invite this time, don’t forget to sign up for the beta* for your chance to participate. Additional invite waves will happen as we get further into development.
If you’ve been selected to participate in the beta test, your Battle.net account will already be flagged for access.
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
- Run the Battle.net desktop app—it may need to update itself if you haven’t run it recently. If you don’t have the app installed, get started here.
- Once Battle.net is installed and updated, select World of Warcraft from the list of games.
- In the Game Version drop-down menu above the Play button, choose the Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta (listed under In Development) option, then click Install.
- Allow installation to complete, click Play and select any of the available Test Servers.
- Create a new test character or copy over a character from your live Burning Crusade Classic account using the Copy Character button.
- Enter the game and test the content.
If you have issues installing and operating the Wrath of the Lich King beta, please check our Common Technical Issues and Solutions to begin troubleshooting.
We’d love to hear about your experiences in Wrath of the Lich King Classic, so once you’ve had a chance to play, please send us your feedback on the Wrath of the Lich King Classic beta forums, or follow the discussion on the WoW Community Council forums.
*Accounts must have an active World of Warcraft subscription or game time in order to be eligible for beta access selection.